Head Aquatics Club Coach/Aquatics Director
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Head Aquatics Club Coach/Aquatics Director to lead our year-round age group team of approximately 100 athletes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating practices of the Gold group, coordinating coaching staff, attending meets, participating in parent advisory meetings, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Meet all USA Swimming coaching requirements, ASCA level 2 or higher
- At least four years of swim coaching experience with head coach experience preferred
- Current Lifeguard Instructor and Lifeguard certifications
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, decision making and conflict resolution
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Possess the administrative skills needed to carry out the various responsibilities of the program which include but are not limited to the management of swimmer enrollment, oversite of fee payments, request for payment submittals, time card management, and other administrative responsibilities as outlined in the job description.
This position would be eligible for the benefit package available to all full-time employees at the school. The annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, coaching philosophy statement, resume and contact information for 3 professional references by mail or email to:
Friends Select School
Director of Athletics
Deadline for receiving materials: 4/28/17
Middle School History Teacher
This position involves teaching four sections in 6th and 7th grades and leading a middle school advisory. Sixth grade history students currently examine diaspora outside of the United States, exploring refugee and immigration case studies, the contributions of immigrants to their new nations, and investigations on the rights of immigrants regarding national and international laws. Seventh grade history students focus on American History from the pre-colonial period to the end of the Civil War, complete with an in-depth study of their own family history.
Ideal candidates for this position will have a graduate degree, 5+ years of teaching experience at the middle school level, training and experience in United States history, Civics, World history, and preferably some knowledge of the history and institutions of Philadelphia.
Friends Select School is a coeducational, PreK-12 independent school in the cultural heart of Center City Philadelphia, right on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. At every age, students visit museums, attend cultural events, participate in community service, and use the finest educational resources Philadelphia has to offer. At the core is a firm foundation of Quaker values. Resumes with cover letter and references should be sent to Terry Kessel, Director of Middle School, by April 20: email@example.com
Lower School STEAM Librarian
Applications must be received by: 4/24/17
Job posting expiration date: 4/27/17
Applicants should supply the following materials:
a cover letter, a résumé, and three references
Friends Select School is seeking a full time teacher to work with lower school students integrating STEAM concepts and skills with literacy, research and classroom studies.
In this role, the STEAM teacher will:
- Oversee the Wallace Library & STEAM Lab.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and other specialists to integrate STEAM concepts and skills into curricula.
- Engage children in problem-solving, tinkering, making, painting, building, etc.
- Teach digital literacy and research skills to help students “learn how to learn” as well as become knowledgeable and ethical users of information.
- Coordinate with the Director of Libraries to cultivate and maintain the Wallace library print and digital collection
- Envision the direction of the program in partnership with teachers and the lower school administrators.
- Support teachers in bringing new instructional technologies into their classrooms.
- Provide and plan professional development opportunities for teachers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master's degree and five+ years experience teaching in schools and/or libraries
- Experience working with students on STEAM - coding, building, robotics, and project-based learning
- Ability to maintain a catalog and manage circulation
- Knowledge of design thinking and interdisciplinary learning
- Ability to bring new projects and initiatives to fruition
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow for easy and productive collaboration with fellow teachers
- A vision and drive to develop the program
- Familiarity with Quaker education and independent schools preferred
Friends Select is a coeducational, pre-k through 12 independent school in the cultural heart of Center City Philadelphia, located on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. At every level, students visit museums, attend cultural events, participate in community service, and use the finest educational resources Philadelphia has to offer. At the core is a firm foundation of Quaker values.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Dave Younkin, Lower School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Education Teacher, Part-Time
Friends Select School, a pre-K-12 grade Quaker independent school in Center City Philadelphia, is seeking a part-time Physical Education teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Ideal candidate will have at least three years of teaching experience with pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade students. Experience teaching swimming and health preferred. Strong candidates will have the ability to contribute to other aspects of school life and a desire to serve as head/assistant coach in athletic department.
Please submit resume, cover letter and list of references to Department Chair, Rae Asbridge at email@example.com
Technical Theater Director Part-Time
Friends Select School, a preK-12 Quaker independent school in Center City Philadelphia, is seeking a part-time Technical Theater Director to oversee performances and the physical theater space. The Technical Director will work with the Performing Arts Department to design and implement all productions, including concerts, musicals and plays. This will include set, lighting and sound design. The Technical Director will also train and supervise a student stage crew to support all productions.
Please submit your resume to Chris Singler, Upper School Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 15, 2017. The job starts September 1, 2017.