How to Apply to Grades 5-8
Friends Select begins accepting applications in early August of the year preceding the enrollment year. For example, if your child will be starting school in September 2019, we accept applications beginning August 2018. Please note our main admission season is from September through early January. We encourage you to initiate the process in August, September, October, or November of the preceding school year, so that we can notify you of your admission status by February 1.
We invite you to attend an Open House. Next, we ask you to complete our Online Application (also available in Word version; pdf version) and submit that, along with payment of $65 for application and testing fees, to the admission office. Once we receive your completed application form (supplements included), we will:
- Schedule a parent visit with you to discuss your child and your educational aspirations for him/her, and to discuss the admission process in more detail. You will also have the chance to learn more about Friends Select.
- Ask you to have one of your child’s current teachers of an academic subject to complete and submit directly to the admission office a Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Schedule a day for your child to visit a classroom of her/his current grade level.
- Receive score reports from either the ISEE or SSAT , two national independent school admission tests. We encourage you to register for one of these tests as soon as possible.
- Need an official transcript (current and previous school year), including grades, and attendance records.