Dining Service Program
At Friends Select, our dining program offers an option for everyone to receive a delicious, healthy lunch.
We highlight seasonal and local products as much as possible and work with multiple farm-to-table initiatives. Dietary concerns are consistently addressed, with no peanuts present in any prepared foods other than individually wrapped snacks and sandwiches. Our team members are trained on preventing cross contamination and keeping your student safe. Multiple vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available daily. We carry soy or rice milk. All major allergens are isolated and properly labeled as such. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Lunch Menu Link at right has our weekly menus. Lower School students choose from two Main Plate items, one of which is always meatless, and two sides. These are in addition to the daily offerings which include:
- A made-from-scratch soup
- Seasonal whole fruit
- A bagel with peanut butter, jelly, butter, or cream cheese
- Organic or all natural yogurt
- Cage-free hard boiled eggs
- Low-fat mozzarella cheese stick
- A selection of cold sandwiches on white and whole wheat bread
- Tossed garden salad served family style
- Small snack or treat served family style
- We also provide gluten-free bread, bagels, and buns which are available upon request
Pre-k, Kindergarten, and 1st Grades eat family-style in the classroom. Second through fourth grades join us in the Dining Hall, ordering off the lunch line and sharing a garden salad and treat.
Upper School, Middle School, and Faculty have access to additional daily items including the J. Clark’s Grille special, our Villa Toscana offering (appetizers and homemade pizzas,) and any special events including tastings or seasonal desserts. In addition to these menu items, middle and upper school students may purchase:
- Other daily Grille items
- Up for Grabs sandwiches, salads, parfaits, and desserts
- Build-your-own salad bar entrees
- Packaged snacks and chips
- Fountain or bottled beverages
- Ice cream novelties
- Sushi on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Who Is Metz Culinary Management?:
Like educators and parents, Metz sees caring for children as a matter of responsibility. We’ve been a leader in nutrition, establishing programs that enhance the well-being of students, school faculty and staff. This includes menus designed to develop healthy eating habits early as well as a focus on nutrition.
Eating well and living well go hand-in-hand. Metz is committed to working closely with Friends Select School and our food service partners to execute environmentally responsible programs and initiatives. Our sustainability efforts meet our needs today while helping to protect our environment for future generations.