Facilities Maintenance Technician/Security
Perform skilled and semi-skilled labor in the inspection, repair, and maintenance of school facilities, including plumbing, mechanical, painting, masonry, and basic electrical work under basic supervision. Will also be responsible for night time security.
Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance and repair tasks, including plumbing, mechanical, masonry, locks, framing, drywall, painting, and basic electrical and HVAC work and operate hand and power tools.
- Work on assigned projects and make appropriate decisions based on work experience.
- Complete assigned work orders, identify material and equipment needs for each assigned project and organize supplies and equipment and work with special project and construction teams as directed.
- Perform repairs, preventive maintenance, and component replacement on plumbing and electrical and repair building interior and external components as directed.
- Maintain grounds and landscaped areas at school buildings including playgrounds and sports fields and operate specialized vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Utilize proper safety precautions in all work performed and report problems and emergency situations.
- Perform maintenance and repairs within scope of authority and in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures and notify supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Maintain records and logs of services performed
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and closely follow verbal and written instructions and report safety hazards, equipment problems, repair needs, security issues, and emergency situations.
- Respond as directed to perform emergency tasks and assist with maintaining supplies inventory.
- Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be willing to work second shift hours 2pm-10:30pm or as needed
- Two (2) years of facilities maintenance experience within one of the following or combination of trades including, plumbing, mechanical, masonry, locks, framing, drywall, painting, and basic electrical or HVAC.
- Valid Driver's License is required upon hire
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Plumbing Certification
- OSHA 10 training
- Security experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, tools, equipment, and supplies used in facilities maintenance.
- Knowledge of Federal and state safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals and OSHA Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
- Skill in maintaining accurate repair and maintenance records.
- Ability to operate and maintain tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety standards when working in secure areas.
- Ability to work independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
The work is heavy and requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to balance, climb, crawl, crouch, handle, grasp, reach, perform repetitive motion, kneel, lift, pull, push, hear, speak, stand, stoop, walk, operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director of College Planning
Friends Select School, a pre-K-12 grade Quaker independent school, is searching for the position, Associate Director of College Planning. This position assists the Director of College Planning with all duties related to supporting, advising, and advocating for upper school students with the college process; planning and presenting at college night programs; scheduling and hosting college admissions representatives; and coordinating school-based testing. More specifically, the Associate Director of College Planning will have the following responsibilities:
- Thoughtfully and honestly support approximately 25 juniors and 25 seniors through the college process. This includes meetings and college conferences with students and with parents; reading and providing comments on college essays and supplements; reviewing college applications; and providing advice on summer opportunities.
- Write in-depth college recommendation letters for approximately 25 seniors to accompany college and scholarship applications.
- Assist in planning and presenting at college night programs throughout the academic year.
- Network and develop relationships with college admissions professionals through college visits to Friends Select, visits to colleges, and local and national meetings and conferences.
- Assist with updating all college planning publications, including the school profile.
- Assist in coordinating and proctoring PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, AP Exams, and ERB tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Master’s degree preferred and five or more years of experience working in college counseling and/or college admissions.
- A strong knowledge of selective college admissions, the college financial aid process, and the pertinent issues related to college admissions and higher education.
- Developed relationships and connections with college admissions professionals.
- A strongly collaborative, inclusive, and flexible mindset and approach.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- A passion for working with teenagers.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. References will not be contacted without the consent of the candidate. The position will remain open until the position is filled.
Job Description (Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach)
Friends Select School is seeking applications for an Upper School, Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach for the 2019 fall season. The candidate must possess a strong personal commitment to work within an academic setting and philosophy of the institution. Previous playing and/or coaching experience required. CPR and 1st Aid certification required. The season runs from late August through the end of October. Send resume to:
Bill Klose, Director of Athletics
Friends Select School
Friends Select Aquatics: Assistant Age Group Coach - Part Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to developing quality age group swimmers through our established curriculum focused on fundamental stroke technique. This coach will be working directly with our Head Coach to establish technically efficient swimmers.
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Assistant Age Group to assistant our year-round age group team of approximately 70 athletes aligned by four levels.
Coaches will be responsible for between 9 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
- Assist other coaches as needed within FSA, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the FSA curriculum.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers in currently in practice groups and in one group below current training group.
- High School / College Degree (preferred)
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Patient and gives simple instructions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- Team Unify /Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
- 2 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Inquiries should be sent to Head Coach Arilson Champam firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends Select is seeking per-diem substitute teachers with a teaching degree and classroom experience to substitute for PreK through 4th grade teachers. Substitute teachers may be called on for daily needs or for longer term assignments . They should be reliable, prompt, and available from 7:45 am - 3: 30 pm. Clearances need to be up to date. If you are experienced and interested in substituting at Friends Select School, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Working at Friends Select School
Friends Select School offers its full-time employees competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, generous retirement benefits, paid time off, school holidays, paid parental leave, and a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
Friends Select School is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity of its students, faculty, and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status.