Development and Alumni Relations Coordinator
(Temporary position October 21, 2019, to January 21, 2020)
Responsibilities include coordinating alumni relations events and activities including the National Alumni Board visiting day, Thanksgiving Classic Basketball tournament and social gathering, communications, social media updates, young alumni activities as well as reunions and other alumni events. In addition, this position will assist with fundraising activities for the Friends Select Fund and help with gift entry and stewardship. As part of the development and alumni relations office, the Development and Alumni Relations Coordinator will assist the department during a maternity leave. Some evening and weekend work required.
● Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
● Strong communications skills and experience with social media.
● Well organized and alumni relations, special events or development experience a plus.
● Raiser’s Edge or fundraising database experience a plus.
Resumes with cover letter and references should be sent to Christine Jefferson, Director of Development and Alumni/ae Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org), by September 6.
Friends Select School, a pre K-12 Quaker independent school in Center City Philadelphia, is seeking part-time After School Teachers for the 2019-20 school year. The After School Program runs from 2:30-6:00 pm daily with additional hours over school vacations/closings. Our focus is on the PK-5th grade age range. We are looking for individuals who can bring their interests into the classroom with engaging, fun and age appropriate activities. We are a classroom based program so every teacher is responsible for a daily homeroom, which means consistency and attendance are very important. Classroom management is crucial as well as flexibility, reliably and creativity. Prior experience working with school age children is a necessity. Federal and state clearances are required, and individuals are expected to provide them before the start of the school year. Applicants will be contacted as resumes are received. This is an ideal position for individuals interested in starting a career within the education field.
Interested parties should email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Joe Hardy at email@example.com.
Job Description (Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach)
Friends Select School is seeking applications for an Upper School, Varsity Field Hockey Head Coach for the 2019 fall season. The candidate must possess a strong personal commitment to work within an academic setting and philosophy of the institution. Previous playing and/or coaching experience required. CPR and 1st Aid certification required. The season runs from late August through the end of October. Send resume to:
Bill Klose, Director of Athletics
Friends Select School
Friends Select Aquatics: Assistant Age Group Coach - Part Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to developing quality age group swimmers through our established curriculum focused on fundamental stroke technique. This coach will be working directly with our Head Coach to establish technically efficient swimmers.
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Assistant Age Group to assistant our year-round age group team of approximately 70 athletes aligned by four levels.
Coaches will be responsible for between 9 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
- Assist other coaches as needed within FSA, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the FSA curriculum.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers in currently in practice groups and in one group below current training group.
- High School / College Degree (preferred)
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Patient and gives simple instructions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- Team Unify /Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
- 2 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Inquiries should be sent to Head Coach Arilson Champam firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends Select is seeking per-diem substitute teachers with a teaching degree and classroom experience to substitute for PreK through 4th grade teachers. Substitute teachers may be called on for daily needs or for longer term assignments . They should be reliable, prompt, and available from 7:45 am - 3: 30 pm. Clearances need to be up to date. If you are experienced and interested in substituting at Friends Select School, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Working at Friends Select School
Friends Select School offers its full-time employees competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, generous retirement benefits, paid time off, school holidays, paid parental leave, and a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
Friends Select School is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity of its students, faculty, and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status.