Job Description (US Crew)
Friends Select School is seeking applications for an Upper School Assistant Crew Coach for the 2019 spring season. The candidate must possess a strong personal commitment to work within an academic setting and philosophy of the institution. Previous playing and/or coaching experience required. CPR and 1st Aid certification required. The season runs from February 25th through the end of May. Send resume to:
Bill Klose, Director of Athletics
Friends Select School
Friends Select Aquatics: Assistance Age Group Coach - Part Time
We are seeking an enthusiastic and organized age group coach. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to developing quality age group swimmers through our established curriculum focused on fundamental stroke technique. This coach will be working directly with our Head Coach to establish technically efficient swimmers.
Friends Select School is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Assistance Age Group to assistant our year-round age group team of approximately 70 athletes aligned by four levels.
Coaches will be responsible for between 9 – 15 hours of on-deck coaching per week, and may attend 1 weekend meet per month. Hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
- Assist other coaches as needed within FSA, and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the FSA curriculum.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers in currently in practice groups and in one group below current training group.
- High School / College Degree (preferred)
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Patient and gives simple instructions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- Team Unify /Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
- 2 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
Inquiries should be sent to Head Coach Arilson Champam firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends Select is seeking per-diem substitute teachers with a teaching degree and classroom experience to substitute for PreK through 4th grade teachers. Substitute teachers may be called on for daily needs or for longer term assignments . They should be reliable, prompt, and available from 7:45 am - 3: 30 pm. Clearances need to be up to date. If you are experienced and interested in substituting at Friends Select School, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Friends Select School offers its full-time employees competitive salaries, medical and dental benefits, generous retirement benefits, paid time off, school holidays, paid parental leave, and a wide variety of professional development opportunities.
Friends Select School is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity of its students, faculty, and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status.