Welcome to Middle School at Friends Select, a community of learners, doers, and leaders, a safe space where everyone is known and valued, and a place where students become their personal best in academics, the arts, athletics and service.
Middle school is a time of enormous change as a child takes critical steps in independence, self-advocacy, ownership of their contribution toward positive change in the larger world, and in meeting challenge. Children this age find their surest paths in environments where quality relationships are paramount, standards are differentiated, clear, and high, and opportunities are varied and abundant. Learners this age need adults who meet them where they are, who are patient and flexible, who have a sense of humor, and who work relentlessly to meet their needs as individuals. I’m proud to say that the Middle School at Friends Select is such a place and that the adults with whom I am privileged to work with are such people.
Among the many benefits of a FSS Middle School experience are:
- Thoughtfully planned service experiences anchored in the curriculum
- A rigorous, developmentally appropriate curriculum that prepares students for upper school and beyond
- Teachers with high standards and entrepreneurial outlooks
- A faculty experienced in design thinking and project-based approaches to learning
- An egalitarian, thoughtful and caring environment
- Overnight and day trips at all grade levels that extend and connect classroom experiences
- A vibrant visual and performing arts program
- Varied, high-quality athletic opportunities
- An advisory program that fosters nurturing relationships
Won’t you join us?
Associate Director of Middle School